Position: Volunteer Coordinator
Type: Full time 30-35 hours per week
LINKages is a progressive and growing non-profit organization offering programs and services that connect generations throughout Alberta. A great deal of our success can be attributed to our dynamic team and the community partnerships that have been created. We are presently seeking a Volunteer Coordinator who understands the charitable sector and the importance of engaging volunteers, stakeholders, youth and seniors in the building of strong communities that are inclusive and age-friendly. With previous experience in volunteer coordination, event planning, and social media management, the candidate must be able to build and maintain a strong volunteer corps, increase our social media presence, and oversee the planning of annual events.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
· Develop volunteer base and network to support the delivery of programs, services and events.
· Engage in outreach activities to promote agency programs, recruiting youth and senior participants.
· Provide engaging and informative training to volunteers
· Demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic attitude and enjoy working on teams.
· Monitor activity progress and respond to opportunities and challenges in a timely manner.
· Work well with all agency teams by contributing to, providing volunteers, assistance and support when the need arises.
· Deliver dynamic community presentations and public speaking on the benefits of intergenerational programs.
· Ensure all administrative duties that support the programs are fully delivered. Adherence to deadlines and time management skills are essential.
· Any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Qualifications and Experience:
This position requires Post-secondary education combined with a minimum of 3 years of community/volunteer management/event planning. This position also requires outstanding interpersonal skills, facilitation skills, and the ability to motivate and drive engagement. Previous experience in project management and working with students and seniors is an asset. Work flexibility is a requirement with some evenings and weekends events; so are creativity, strong organizational skills and attention to detail. The successful candidate will be a team player, have a strong work ethic and be able to multi-task.
The position is Full time, 30-35 hours per week. Contract will be reviewed on an annual basis.
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com