Position: Office Administrator
Type: Part time (21hrs/week)
LINKages is a progressive and growing non-profit organization offering programs and services that connect generations throughout Alberta. A great deal of our success can be attributed to our dynamic team and the community partnerships that have been created. We are presently seeking a part time Office Administrator who understands the charitable sector and the importance of engaging volunteers, stakeholders, youth and seniors in the building of strong communities that are inclusive and age-friendly. With previous experience in office administration, social media management, IT technical support, and data entry, the successful candidate must be able to keep on top of deadlines, perform accounting tasks including invoicing and expenses, and provide administrative clerical support to the team all while keeping a strong customer service orientation.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
· Demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic attitude and enjoy working on teams.
· Update databases on Excel.
· Perform accounting tasks including invoicing, receipting and expenses.
· Filing, answering phone calls, responding to emails, and preparing documents.
· Keep stock of office supplies and reorder when needed.
· Assist with HR duties and new hires.
· Perform IT Technical Support to Staff
· Responsible for upkeep and management of social media content (Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter) including website updates and monthly blog posting.
· Monitor activity progress and respond to opportunities and challenges in a timely manner.
· Ensure all administrative duties that support the programs are fully delivered. Adherence to deadlines and time management skills are essential.
· Any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Qualifications and Experience:
This position requires post-secondary education combined with a minimum of 2+ years of office administration experience. This position also requires outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal skills, and the ability to complete complex administrative tasks with minimal supervision. Previous experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint as well as Adobe InDesign is an asset. Strong organizational skills and customer service orientation is a requirement. Previous experience working with youth and seniors is a bonus. The successful candidate will be a team player, have a strong work ethic and be able to multi-task.
The position is Part time, 21 hours per week with possibility of increase in hours over time. Contract will be reviewed on an annual basis.
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
Please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org