Student/Community Program Volunteers
Community Volunteers attend events on a somewhat regular basis, which entails a 3 hour, once a month commitment.
Beltline - Grace Manor
Bridgeland - Columbus Place, Columbus Manor
East Village - Murdoch Manor, Edward’s Place, King Tower
Can also include other events outside of these areas, such as public events and larger events as participants
- Reports to the Volunteer Coordinator or Community Programs Manager
- Attends at least 1 three hour event each month in the duration of their commitment
- Willing to help with the set-up prior to events, which entails putting out snacks, moving tables and chairs; volunteers may be asked to assist with take-down as well
Length of Commitment:
Student/Community Volunteers have to serve a commitment of a minimum of four (4) months, and attend at least one event per month
- Good communication skills
- Minimum age of 16 in the Bridgeland/Beltline area
- If the individual is a member of a student community (Bow Valley College, University of Calgary), they do not need to complete a Police Information Check.
- If an individual wishes to become a Community Volunteer to participate in group setting events, they will require a police information check. We accept police information checks that have been completed within the last 6 months
- Staff support